Let’s face it, skin and cold weather do NOT go hand in hand (no pun intended). The cold manages to suck any moisture that I have in my hands away, leaving me with painful, dry, cracked skin. Personally, I am a huge baby when it comes to cracks in my hands. This stems from the fact that a crack on my hands seems to literally take an eternity to heal. So, until they do, I have to deal with that uncomfortable “stingy” feeling or the occasional crack popping open again. Which is literally the worst! So, in the winter to avoid this awfulness, I am constantly moisturizing my hands. However, I have learned over the years that just putting on some lotion will not solve the problem. To really keep my hands in good condition, I exfoliate them 2-3 times a week with a homemade hand scrub. This scrub, is gentle, effective and super easy to make. Since I have been using this scrub, my hands have been in significantly better shape than before. Not to mention my skin is super soft feeling now!
Check it out!
- 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Jojoba Oil
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- In a small-sized bowl, add the sugar, honey, olive oil and jojoba oil.
- Mix until evenly combined. (The texture will be slightly on the thicker side)
How To Use:
- Wet hands with warm water.
- Take a tablespoon sized amount of the scrub and place in the palm of your hand.
- Rub the scrub all over your hands.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Apply moisturizer to your hands after.
- If you want to add a little something extra try add a little melted Coconut oil and some Vitamin E oil.
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic.