Essential Oils are all the rage at the current moment. People are going absolutely nuts over them. Essential oils have been around for hundreds of years, but they seem to […]
Essential Oils are all the rage at the current moment. People are going absolutely nuts over them. Essential oils have been around for hundreds of years, but they seem to be more popular than ever, thanks to some of the subscription boxes that have been seriously pushing them lately. As an essential oil lover, I can definitely understand the rage and completely understand why their popularity is booming. Essential oils are seriously amazing. These oils can help with pain, boost energy, reduce stress, help us sleep, calm anxiety and so much more. I personally use them to help combat my frequent migraines and reduce my daily stress. However, there are so many things that essential oils can aid with both physically and mentally.
What Are Some of The Benefits of Diffusing Essential Oils:
- Promotes Better Sleep
- Supports Respiratory Health
- Boosts Immunity and Helps Us Fight Colds/Flu
- Supports our Emotional Health
- Helps Cognitive Function
- Smell fantastic!
Now back in the day oils were often diffused with water and flames. If you didn’t know heat diminishes the effectiveness of the oils. This is why we now have cool mist diffusers that comes in a multitude of shapes, styles, etc. They span from a very basic model to ones that light up and change colors. There is one out there for anyone with any style and preference. I picked up my diffuser from Walmart. It was $19.00 and came with a few different oils. Appearance wise it is nothing fancy, but it diffuses wonderfully. Simply fill up the reservoir with cold water, add you oils, put the top on and push the button. It’s that simple.
Different Oils & Their Benefits:
If you start diffusing you will find that you will quickly start to build a collection of oils. So it’s good to take some time and learn about the different scents and benefits.
Popular Essential Oils For Diffusing:
- Lavender Oil – Calms, Relieves Stress & Promotes Sleep
- Eucalyptus Oil – Immune Booster, Anti-inflammatory, Insect Repellent
- Lemon Oil – Antidepressant, Mood Lifter
- Lemon Grass Oil – Antibacterial, Antifungal, Antimicrobial, Insect Repellent
- Cinnamon Oil – Helps to clear up chest colds
- Rosemary Oil – Energy Booster, Stress Reliever
- Tea Tree Oil – Anti-inflammatory, Antiviral
- Sweet Orange Oil – Reduces Anxiety, Headache Reliever
- Peppermint Oil – Headache Reliever, Antiviral, Antioxidant
- Orange Pomander – Helps fight off sickness, Antiviral
Aromatherapy is definitely not for everyone, but if you are looking to make you living space smell amazing and enjoy some healthy benefits at the same time, then essential oil diffusing may be something you want to check out.
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic.