Dinner sometimes in my household can be interesting. Many times I am too tired and lazy to put much effort into cooking. On the flip side, there are many times were I have the motivation to cook, but have zero motivation to get into my car and go grocery shopping. So when this occurs, I often turn to throwing a bunch of things together to make something that seemingly sounds good (At least in my mind it does). I will be honest and admit that sometimes it ends up being an epic fail, resulting in some weird “Frankenfood” that is an abomination to this world. Sometimes, I end up lucky though and manage to make something that is edible and we actually have a decent meal.
The other night, after spending about 20 minutes opening up the cabinets repeatedly and complaining we had nothing, I decided to yet again just throw a bunch of stuff together and hope for the best. What resulted was what we ended up calling “The Super Lazy Person Calzone”. This calzone consisted of the very last slices of multiple deli meats and multiple, pretty much empty bags of cheese. Although this thing was by no means pretty, it ended up being delicious and I would probably make it again.
- Deli Ham
- American Cheese (Deli style)
- Fancy Cheese Blend (Shredded, consists of 3 types of cheese)
- Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded)
- Deli Pepperoni
- Pillsbury Dough (2 cans)
- Heat the oven to 350°.
- Open one can of the Pillsbury dough and roll out onto a non stick baking sheet.
- Next, add a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Layer the meats and cheeses based on your preferences.
- Open the second can of Pillsbury Dough and roll over the layers of meats and cheeses.
- Pinch the edges together.
- Puncture a couple of holes in the top layer of dough.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the dough has risen and turned a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut up into pieces and enjoy!
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic.