Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. I have always been a sucker for breakfast and will literally eat it any time of the day. One of my favorite breakfast foods to make is French Brioche French Toast. The French Brioche Bread is a must! Other breads just do not compare. It is the absolute best way to make French Toast in my opinion.
- French Brioche Bread (1 loaf)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 cup Milk
- 2 1/4 tbsp Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla, eggs, and milk.
- Mix well until evenly combined.
- Set aside.
- Slice the French Brioche Bread loaf into 1 inch thick slices.
- Set aside.
- Heat a skillet on low heat.
- Melt 1 tsp of butter (per each slice of bread) in the skillet.
- Dip one side of the French Brioche slice into the egg mixture. Remove from the mixture, flip over and dip the other side as well.
- Let the excess of the egg mixture drip off the slice and then place the slice into the skillet.
- Fry the first side until it is light golden brown and then flip to the other side. Fry that side until it also achieves a light golden brown.
- Remove from the skillet.
- Add some maple syrup.
- If you do not like syrup, then you can always have this with some Whipped Cream and some sliced strawberries. It is delicious!
- Another alternative to syrup is to sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top.
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic.