Potatoes are one of my absolute favorite of foods. Maybe it’s the Irish stereotype I am born into, but I have a ridiculous love of potatoes and I eat what would be considered absurd amounts to the average person. Needless to say when we have Thanksgiving there is at least one, if not multiple potato options.
One of my favorite potato dishes for Thanksgiving is Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Sweet Potato Mash. It’s deliciously sweet and it’s incredibly easy to make.
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar (light brown)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Peel skin off sweet potatoes.
- Cut into small-sized chunks.
- Place the chunks in a large-sized pot of water.
- Add the olive oil and salt to the water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil until the potato chunks are soft and can be cut with a fork.
- Drain the water.
- Transfer the softened chunks to a large-sized bowl.
- Add the butter and milk.
- Using a hand mixer, mix until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Add in the brown sugar and cinnamon
- Mix again until evenly combined.
- If you enjoy a little crunch to your sweet potato you can add some chopped walnuts or pecans to your sweet potato mash.
- Feel free to add more or less of the cinnamon, brown sugar, butter or milk. I tend to go lighter on the ingredients as I like to be able to taste the actual sweet potato.
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic.