This recipe is extremely easy to make and it kicks up you basic boiled carrots a notch. It’s big on flavor without overpowering the actual carrot flavor. You can’t go wrong with this side. I promise.
- Sliced Carrots (2 pounds)
- 3 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 2 ½ tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ginger
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Peel the skin from the carrots
- Wash the carrots
- Dice the carrots
- Place the diced carrots in a large-sized pot.
- On med-high heat, cook the carrots until they come to a boil.
- Continue to cook at a boil until the carrots are soft.
- Once the carrots are soft enough to cut with a fork, remove from the heat.
- Drain the water from the pot.
- Once the water has been removed, transfer the carrots to a large-sized bowl.
- Add in the butter, ginger, honey, salt and black pepper.
- Mix gently until evenly combined and the butter is fully melted (The carrot slices should have a slice glazed look to them)
- Feel free to reduce or increase the amounts of honey and ginger based on your own taste preferences.
- You can reheat these in the microwave or you can throw them back in a stove top pot and reheat.