- 7 pounds of apples (peeled, cored and diced)
- ½ cup sugar (granulated)
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Place the apples into the large slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook on low heat for 10 hours.
- Stir every 2 hours (The apple butter should become thick & dark brown)
- After 10 hours, remove from heat.
- Puree the mixture on high in a food processor or blender for 1 ½ minutes.
- Return the puree to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for another hour.
- Stir every 20 minutes.
- Remove from the slow cooker.
- Transfer to containers (I like to use mason jars).
- Refrigerate or freeze.
- Apple Butter can stay good refrigerated up to 3 weeks and stay good for about 6 months in the freezer.
- The apples I used were Golden Supreme, Honeycrisp, McIntosh-Red Max & Twin Bee Gala, and Cortland.
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic.