Appetizers are one of those things that I don’t often make. I am predominantly a dessert person (blame it on the massive sweet tooth I have). Now, I’m not saying I can’t make a great appetizer that people enjoy, I am simply saying that if I had to choose between making an appetizer or a dessert, I am always going to pick the dessert. However, on occasion I do have to make an appetizer. So, when those times occur, like it did this past weekend, I do have a few appetizer recipes always on deck ready to go.
My go to appetizer is my “Roasted Red Pepper, Garlic & Mozzarella Bites“. I love this appetizer because it is quite simple to make and is big on flavor. It utilizes only five ingredients and it’s versatile in the sense that you can enjoy it in two different ways. It is always a hit and goes quickly. So, if you are going to be needing an easy to make appetizer any time soon check this out!
- 1 Jar of Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 Fresh Garlic Cloves (Small sized)
- Fresh Artisan Bread or French Bread
- Fresh Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tbsp Basil Seasoning
- Set oven to Broil.
- Dice up the Roasted Red Pepper and place in a small-sized bowl.
- Next, roast your garlic cloves either in the oven or on a grill for 5 minutes. (You want the cloves to be warmed, but not mush).
- Remove from the oven or grill and let cool.
- Once cool, remove the clove from the skin and dice up small.
- Place in the small-sized bowl containing the roasted red peppers.
- Mix the two ingredients together until combined.
- Next, slice the artisan or french bread.
- Place the slices onto a baking sheet.
- Top the bread slices with a heaping tbsp of the roasted red pepper and garlic mixture.
- Cover with a slice of Mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle a bit of basil seasoning on the cheese.
- Next, place the baking sheet into the oven.
- Leave in the oven until the cheese melts a bit.
- Remove from the oven.
- Let cool for 1 minute.
- If you do not wish to roast the garlic, simply dice it up raw. This will give an extra “bite” to the garlic as roasting it takes down the “bite”.
- You also do not have to melt the cheese if you do not want to.
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic.