As you already know, I love my facial masks. They are one of my favorite tools for facial skin care. I find them so relaxing and it’s always fun to try them out. Before trying them out, I always spend a little time researching the mask, because I do have sensitive facial skin and no one likes having a tomato face or breakouts.
The mask I tried last night was the bioBELLE Unicorn Glow Botanic Fiber Facial Mask.
I had received this mask with my June 2018 ipsy Glam Bag and I had not used it until now. I wasn’t sure honestly if I was going to ever use it, as it lists one of the ingredients as chocolate and although I love chocolate and baking with it, I wasn’t sure how it would react to being put on my face. Ultimately though, after doing some research I decided that it was in such a gray area in terms of reviews from other sensitive skin users, that I would just give it a shot and hope for the best.
About This Mask:
- Utilizes Antioxidant-rich chocolate and mulberry that act together to brighten skin and treat uneven skin tone.
- Boosts radiance, hydrates and softens skin.
- Utilizes TENCEL® which is a biodegradable fiber made from the pulp of wood from entirely sustainable forests.
- TENCEL® Adheres to all face shapes and structures.
- TENCEL® Delivers antioxidants faster and deeper than if you were to just apply cream or serum.
- TENCEL® Prevents evaporation allowing ingredients to absorb better.
How to use:
- Remove from the packaging and smooth over clean, dry skin.
- Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes. (It doesn’t slide off so you can walk around and do stuff while you wait)
- After 15-20 minutes, remove the mask and massage in excess serum or you can wash off (I rubbed in the excess).
- Use 1-3 times per week if you like.
Despite my initial fears of trying out this mask due to the fact it utilized chocolate as an ingredient this mask ended up being fantastic. I did not have any irritation and my skin was left feeling soft, smooth and hydrated. After using, I did apply my typical night creams and when I woke up the next day, I did notice an improvement to my skin regarding a few blemishes. They did appear significantly reduced and virtually gone. I was very impressed. Now when it comes to negatives of this mask, I didn’t like that this mask was absolutely drenched in serum when I first took it out of the bag. I know that masks often are loaded up with product, but this was dripping. Maybe it was just this one mask, but I took it out and the serum was dripping all over my clothes and sink. It was a mess. The other thing I didn’t like was that it left my skin extremely shiny. I am not talking that nice dewy “JLO” glow that we all envy, I’m talking shiny like I just worked out at the gym for 5 hours look. This issue however is fairly easy to correct with other products, but for someone like me who often likes to go completely natural or do a more subtle look with my makeup this can be slightly problematic.
Overall, I enjoyed this mask. My skin felt very nice after and I didn’t have any irritation. I would definitely see myself purchasing this again.
Have you tried the bioBELLE Unicorn Glow Botanic Fiber Facial Mask?
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic.