One of the sample products I received recently in my August 2018 Birchbox was the “Borghese Advanced Fango Active Mud Mask“.
This product claims to have the following benefits:
- Draw out dirt, oils and impurities to clarify skin
- Helps counteract signs of environmental pollution such as extreme heat, intense cold, etc.
- Helps diminish the look of lines for a softer & smoother finish
- Helps even skin tone to illuminate skin
- Allergy Tested
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Acqua di Vita Complex
- Siberian Ginseng Root Extract
- Chaga Mushroom
- Bentonite Clay
- Apply a generous layer to clean skin. (Can be used on face & body. Be sure to avoid lip/eye area)
- Leave on for as little as 2 minutes and a long as 5 minutes.
- Rinse off well using a warm wash cloth.
- Use up to 2 times a week.
When I first put this on my face, it felt rather cool with a slight “tingling” sensation. After about 10 seconds or so, it started to warm up. After a few seconds of “warming up” it began to burn and I mean burn…OMG! It really took a lot to leave it on and not immediately take it off. I ended up leaving it on for about 4 ½ minutes. I used a warm wash cloth to remove the product and pat dried my face with a clean towel. Now, typically I would apply all my night creams, however I wanted to be able to judge the results of the mask properly, so I did not apply any additional products after using this mask. I have to say, I did notice a difference in my skin the next morning. It was definitely brighter and had a dewy look to it. To the touch my skin felt very silky and smooth. I felt overall I had a more even skin tone. I did have a little bit of dryness, but nothing that my daily moisturizer couldn’t take care of.
Ultimately, I really liked this mask and how it made my skin appear. The worst part about this mask is actually using it. The burn is a little much for me. However the results after only one use were wonderful. I am looking forward to my next use. I am curious to see how much of a difference it makes on my skin, though next time I will likely only leave the mask on for 2 minutes vs attempting the 5 minutes.
Have you tried the Borghese Advanced Fango Activated Mud Mask?
Follow me on instagram and tag #jclectic.