I am a self certified Chocoholic! There is not a day that goes by that I don’t consume chocolate. Chocolate is the food that I literally cannot live without. When I am deprived of chocolate I swear I turn into a crazy lady. There is just something about chocolate that puts me in my happy place.
Because of my love for chocolate and the fact that I easily get bored with eating the same thing over and over, I am constantly (and I mean CONSTANTLY) trying out new chocolate recipes. I have hundreds upon hundreds of recipes in my line up to keep my chocolate craziness at bay. I did though finally make a dessert that I had never made before. A “No Bake Chocolate Ganache Tarte”. I had been wanting to take a stab at making this for a while now, but for whatever reason I would get side tracked and make something else. So, I finally got it done last night.
It was absolutely delicious! It was a chocolate explosion in my mouth. I literally ate probably half the tarte in one sitting. I know totally gluttonous, but I couldn’t help it (Don’t judge me…I swear I don’t eat like this regularly lol). This recipe is super easy and takes really not time at all to make.
Check it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 package of Oreos (regular)
- ½ cup butter, melted (1 stick, UNSALTED)
- 1 ½ cup of Heavy Cream
- 3 ¼ – 4 oz Baking Chocolate Bars (Semi Sweet)
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Take the package of Oreos and place in a food processor. Pulse until they become fine crumbs.
- Once the Oreos have become fine crumbs, pour them into a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Next, in a small-sized, microwave safe bowl, melt the 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter.
- Once the butter is melted, then pour into the bowl with the Oreo crumbs.
- Mix well until evenly blended.
- Once blended, scoop out all of the crumb mixture and place in tarte pan.
- Using the bake of a spoon, rubber spatula or hands (I used my hands), spread the crumb mixture throughout the entirety of the pan. Work the crumb mixture up the sides. Lightly press and manipulate the crumb mixture until it takes shape of the pan.
- Once you have molded the crust, place in the refrigerator for 2 hours so that it can cool down and become firm.
(Chocolate Ganache Filling + Tarte Assembly)
- Chop up the baking chocolate.
- Place chopped up baking chocolate in a medium to large-sized bowl. Set Aside.
- Next, pour the heavy cream in to a medium-sized saucepan.
- On medium to high heat bring the cream to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour the cream onto the chocolate.
- Let stand for 3 minutes, until the chocolate has melted.
- Next, slowly mix the chocolate and cream with a whisk, until evenly blended and smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Spread evenly using the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula.
- When done, place in the refrigerator to set. This roughly takes 6 hours
- Once, the ganache is set, remove from refrigerator.
- Take the 1 tbsp powder sugar and sprinkle evenly over the ganache.
- Slice and serve.
- If you don’t like semi sweet chocolate, you can use bittersweet chocolate, or even a combination of both.
- If you don’t have a food processor to break up the Oreos, you can always stick the Oreos in a large Ziplock bag and use a food mallet to crush them up.
- Do not use salted butter. It does affect the recipe in a negative way.
- If you don’t want to use powder sugar on top of the ganache, you can always melt ¼ cup of white chocolate chips (melt in 30 second intervals) and drizzle over the ganache. Make sure to put back into the fridge, so that the white chocolate can harden.
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!