I recently came across a Pillsbury crescent roll recipe that I decided to try. Oreo Stuffed Crescent Rolls. Yes, I know what your thinking. That sounds like a weird combination and guess what…I agree!
I love crescent rolls, but the idea of having an Oreo cookie in the middle of one didn’t really work in my mind. However, I decided to give it a go since I love Pillsbury and I wanted to try something new.
I ended up modifying the recipe a bit because I decided that regular crescent dough alone would not work with the Oreo. I added powdered sugar to the inside and outside of the crescent to sweeten it up. Essentially, my version of fried dough, that isn’t really fried dough. Lol!
Check it out!
- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 8 Oreo Cookies (Double stuffed)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar + 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Open the Pillsbury crescent rolls and unroll the dough so that it is flat. (Do not separate into triangles yet).
- Take 1 tbsp of powdered sugar and sprinkle evenly on the dough.
- Separate into triangles.
- Take an Oreo and place at the base of the triangle.
- Wrap the dough around the Oreo, so that the Oreo is fully encased.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Once all the Oreos are fully wrapped in the crescent dough and placed on the baking sheet, sprinkle 1 tbsp of powdered sugar over them.
- Next, place some mini chocolate chips over the tops.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve warm.
- These are one of those foods that need to be served warm. Not piping hot, but warm.
- After tasting these, I do believe you could even upgrade your Oreo from a double stuffed to a MEGA stuffed!
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!