I have never been one to really say something is the absolute best. I have a strong opinion that so many things, especially food has so many variations and forms that you can’t simply have one that is the best. However, this recipe is so good that I can’t properly do it justice without proclaiming that (in my opinion) this is the absolute best apple pie out there!
This recipe is a family recipe that my mother has been making for years! It’s delicious and simple to make. It is literally impossible to have just one slice and not come back for more. It is that apple pie that just warms you to the core and gives you that cozy and relaxed feeling. I promise you that you will be addicted after trying this pie!
- 3 pounds of golden delicious apples (Peeled, Cored & Sliced Thin)
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup sugar + 1 tbsp sugar (granulated)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ¾ cup butter (melted)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Butter a 10 inch fluted pie dish.
- Fill with the sliced apples.
- Take the 1 tbsp of granulated sugar and sprinkle over the apple slices.
- Take the 1 tsp of cinnamon and sprinkle over the apple slices.
- Next, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, butter, egg and salt.
- Beat on medium to low speed until combined evenly.
- Pour over the apple slices.
- Use a rubber spatula to evenly spread the mixture.
- Place uncovered pie into the oven
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooled, slice or scoop out a piece.
- Optional: Top with some whipped cream. (Check out my Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe)
Another great way to enjoy this pie, is by placing a thin slice of Swiss cheese on top of your slice. I know it sounds odd, but it is surprising delicious!
Follow me on >>instagram<< and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!