Hello all you peanut butter lovers! This cookie is for you!
This is your classic, easy to make, peanut butter cookie recipe. So simplistic, but BIG on flavor. Enjoy this cookie chewy or crunchy! Make a little or make a lot, either way this is a recipe your whole family will love!
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup flour (all-purpose)
- ½ cup sugar (granulated)
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and white sugar.
- Mix until evenly blended.
- Add the peanut butter and egg.
- Mix until fully blended. Put aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine the baking soda, baking powder, flour and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture.
- Mix until fully blended.
- Place the dough in a bag or wrap in plastic.
- Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 300°
- Take out the dough and roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place the dough balls about 2 ½ inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Then in a crisscross pattern, press down with the fork on the dough ball to flatten. (This should leave a nice pattern in the now flattened dough).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool fully.
For crunchy cookies, preheat the oven to 375° and bake for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown. Also, to keep the fork from sticking in the dough you can either dip the fork in granulated sugar (this will add an extra bit of sweet to the cookies…YUM!) or into a little bit of flour.
Follow me on instagram and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!