OMG Yummy! That is what you will be thinking after you have a bite of this brownie. This brownie is a favorite of mine for summer cook outs. It is inspired by a brownie I had as a child when I went to Faneuil Hall in Boston with my mom. This brownie seriously is the king of brownies. It has everything you could want when you think of a brownie. Thick! Fudgy! Decadent! Frosting! Jimmies (aka Sprinkles). It is the best!
So try it out! Don’t forget to let me know what you think!
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Frosting (Check out my post on how to make Homemade Chocolate Frosting)
- Optional: Sprinkles (The Bostonian in me calls them “Jimmies”)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 13″ x 9″ baking pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat until well blended and then put aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Slowly add this to the egg mixture.
- Mix until fully blended.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over low to medium heat.
- Once fully melted, remove from the heat and mix in the cocoa powder.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then add to the egg mixture.
- Blend fully until even in color and texture.
- Pour into the greased baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let fully cool.
- Next you need to make the frosting. (Check out my Homemade Chocolate Frosting post to learn how)
- Once the frosting is prepared, spread over the cooled brownies.
- Take some sprinkles and sprinkle them over the frosting.
- Cut the brownies into squares and Enjoy!
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!