This Strawberry Angle Food Cake Trifle is absolutely delicious! I seriously could eat the entire thing on my own. It’s completely addicting! I love making trifles in the Summer. They are always a big hit at the various cookouts we attend. It is one of those “you can’t just have one scoop desserts”!
Trifles are one of those desserts where there are endless variations. You can use virtually anything in these, as long as the flavors all mesh well together. I consider trifles to be a “fool-proof” dessert. It’s really hard to mess these up. You just need to decide on which ingredients you want to use (which honestly sometimes is the hardest part of the entire process) and then assemble your layers. That’s it. It’s so simple!
- 6 cups whipped cream (Check out my Homemade Whipped Cream recipe)
- 4 cups quartered & macerated strawberries (Learn how to Macerate Strawberries here!)
- 1-1/4 cups egg whites (about 9-10 eggs)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
** The amount of angel food cake needed is a 10 inch tube pan worth.
(Making the Angel Food Cake)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Adjust oven rack to the lowest position.
- In a large bowl, add egg whites. Let them sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the 1/2 cup of sugar and flour together. Put aside.
- Add cream of tartar, extracts and salt to egg whites.
- On medium to high speed, beat until soft peaks form.
- Slowly, add remaining sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in flour.
- Pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Take a spatula edge and run it through the batter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly brown and appears dry.
- Remove from the oven and flip the pan over so it is upside down.
- Let cool for 1 hour.
- Take a knife and run it around the outer and inner edges of the pan to remove the cake.
- Chop the angel food cake into 1 inch cubes.
- Add a layer of 1 – 2 cups of the angel food cake to the bottom of a large trifle.
- Add a layer of 1 ½ cup of whipped cream.
- Add a layer of 2 cups of macerated strawberries
- Add a layer of 1 ½ cups of whipped cream
- Add a layer of 1 – 2 cups of cubed angel food cake.
- Add a layer of 1 ½ cups of whipped cream.
- Add a layer of 2 cups of macerated strawberries.
- Cover with the remaining 1 ½ cups whipped cream.
- Optional: If you want you can add a few strawberries to the top for decoration purposes.
- One all the layers have been assembled, place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove from the refrigerator.
- Scoop and Enjoy!
Follow me on instagram and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!