Macerated strawberries are strawberries that have been sweetened with sugar. The sugar helps the strawberry release its natural juices. Recipes like strawberry shortcake often call for the macerated strawberries. It’s extremely simple to do and will add that extra flair to your strawberry dish!
- 1 pound of strawberries
- ¼ cup of sugar (granulated)
- Wash strawberries
- Hull the strawberries.
- Cut the strawberries into quarters.
- Place the quartered strawberries in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the ¼ cup of granulated sugar to the strawberries.
- Mix the strawberries and sugar together.
- Place the strawberries in the refriderator for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, or when you see the juices starting to collect at the bottom of the bowl, remove from the refridgerator.
Follow me on instagram and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!