The Hershey Kiss Cookie is one of those cookies that everyone, at some point or another, have crossed paths with. I am willing to bet, that at some point you have seen these at a cookout or a party. For those of you that have had these cookies, you are probably most familiar with the traditional peanut butter cookie dough and Hershey Kiss combination. It is amazing! However, for my cookies I had to make some adjustments. The first adjustment I made is with the cookie dough. I have over the past few years developed a moderate nut allergy. I never had it as a kid, so it’s a total bummer! As a result of this allergy, I did not make these cookies with peanut butter. My second adjustment, is that I used Rolo candies instead of Hershey Kiss candies. My daughter had a massive bag of these in the cabinet, so I confiscated a few.
These came out wonderfully. The Rolo in the center was perfect. It melted ever so slightly, which gave the caramel and chocolate that perfect “Ooey Gooey” texture when you bit into the cookie.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 25-30 Rolo Candies
- Optional: Additional ½ cup of granulated sugar for rolling the dough balls in.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silicone liner.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the butter, egg, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Mix on low-speed until fully blended.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine the salt, baking soda and flour.
- On a slow mixing speed, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Mix until fully blended.
- Next, add the milk.
- Mix until fully blended.
- Once fully mixed, roll the dough into 1 – 1 ½ inch balls.
- (Optional) Roll the balls in some of the extra ½ cup worth of sugar.
- Place onto the baking sheet and place into the oven.
- Bake for roughly 9-11 minutes, or until they start to turn a light golden color.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 minute.
- Unwrap a Rolo candy, and place into the center of the cookie. (Make sure to not press down too much or else the candy will go all the way through the cookie)
- Once you have added all of the Rolo candies, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!
If you don’t have candies to press into the center of the cookie, you can always melt down some milk chocolate chips. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chips in 30 second intervals until fully melted and smooth. Take the backside of a teaspoon and press down into the center of the cookie until a slight indent is made. Take a teaspoon sized dollop of the melted chocolate, and pour into the indent. Let fully cool and enjoy!
Follow me on >>instagram<< and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!