Summer is here! We like to enjoy summer by doing some traveling, going to the beach and attending cook outs! When we attend cookouts, we always bring a dish. One of the go to dishes we make is “No Mayo, Pasta Salad”. This pasta salad recipe is a must-have in anyone’s Summertime recipe arsenal. It is consistently a favorite and goes quickly. One thing I love about this dish, is that it is extremely flexible. Depending on the crowd of people I am around, I am easily able to customize the ingredients to the preferences of that crowd. No matter what you decide to include in this pasta salad, I guarantee it will be delicious and a hit! And, if you do have any left overs, don’t worry this saves very well in the fridge and makes fantastic left overs for days to come!
- Elbow Pasta
- Orange Bell Pepper
- Cherry Tomatoes
- White Onion
- Classic House Italian Dressing
- Parmesan Cheese
- Deli Ham
- Black Olives
- In a large pot, boil the elbow pasta per the instructions on the package.
- When they are fully cooked, drain the water and then rinse the noodles with cold water.
- Next, add in your desired amount of ingredients. (You can customize your ingredients to your personal preferences)
- Pour half of the Italian dressing on the salad.
- Mix well.
- Next, place in the refrigerator and let cool for at least 2 hours.
- Once, chilled remove from the refrigerator and pour the remaining dressing on right before serving,
Notes: For our version of pasta salad, I sometimes add in the olive slices, ham and Parmesan cheese in to my bowl separately and not the entire batch.
Follow me on instagram and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!