One of the best things to have on a hot Summer day is a juicy peach! They are seriously refreshing and they bring me to a happy place! They […]
One of the best things to have on a hot Summer day is a juicy peach! They are seriously refreshing and they bring me to a happy place! They are one of my go to snacks during the summer. Aside from just snacking on peaches, I love using peaches in Summer desserts. I find them to be a perfect Summer ingredient and let’s be honest, Summer times means the beach, which means bathing suits. I don’t know about you, but I try a little to keep my food gut in check a bit. During the winter, I will stuff my face with zero shame, because I pretty much live in chunky, over sized sweaters which hide it all. In the Summer, that is harder to do with a bikini. So, I have to someone exert self-control with food (this is comes with about a 90% failure rate, sorry not sorry, I love food).
One of my favorite, easy to make peach desserts is “Baked Peaches with Brown Sugar & Cinnamon”. This is just so simple to make and tastes amazing! I love baking the peaches with brown sugar & cinnamon because it creates a delicious caramelized top that is just heavenly. If you love peaches, then I guarantee you will love this dessert!
- Fresh, Ripe Peaches
- Brown Sugar
- Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- Next, slice the peaches in half and remove the pit.
- Place them on a sheet pan, or in any oven safe pan.
- Put some butter (roughly around 3/4 tsp – 1 tsp) in the center of the peach.
- Next, combine the cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over each peach. (How much you put on is up to you. I personally like a lot)
- Place the pan in the oven and bake the peaches for roughly 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown. (They will feel soft and somewhat squishy when done)
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add some whipped cream or ice cream to the center of the peach.
- (Optional) Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon over the top of the whipped cream.
Follow me on instagram and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!