Being the “busy bee” that I am, I don’t always have time to make a full dinner. Sometimes, I just have too much on my plate and just don’t have the time. Other times, I am just too tired and I can barely muster enough energy to stand. My solution is to make a super, duper easy meal that involves me doing little to no work. Oh yah!
Last night, was one of those nights. By the time I got home, it was nearly time to go to bed. So, I decided to make a quick batch of “Cheesy Bites”. These are a delicious and very quick meal. They only require a few ingredients and the prep time is only a few minutes. These definitely are life savers when it comes to my “I have been running around like a mad woman, I just put on my sweatpants and I’m too tired now” days!
- 1 tube of Pillsbury Biscuits
- Mozzarella Cheeses (Shredded)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp basil
- Marinara sauce (Optional as a dip)
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Next, take the tube of Pillsbury biscuits and open it up. Take out all the biscuit dough.
- Take each biscuit and flatten it out with a rolling-pin.
- Take a few slices of pepperoni and place them on the flattened biscuit.
- Place a mound of the shredded Mozzarella cheese on top of the pepperoni.
- Take the biscuit dough and start to pinch the edges together until the pepperoni and cheese is fully encased inside. Once the dough is pinched together, you can gently roll the ball in your hand to give it a more circular appearance.
- Place onto a flat sheet pan that is lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Next, in a small bowl melt 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp garlic and 1/4 tsp basil to the melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Take a basting brush and brush the butter mixture on top of the dough balls.
- Place into the oven and bake for roughly 10-15 minutes, or until the dough has risen and is a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- (Optional) Heat up some marinara sauce in a small bowl.
The options for the center of these cheesy bites are endless. Here are some yummy suggestions.
- Browned Hamburger, American or Cheddar cheese and Bacon (cooked)
- Chicken (cut into small cubes), Marinara Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese
- Ham, Eggs and Cheese
- Broccoli, Chicken and Provolone cheese
Again, there are so many options. These are just some of the options we enjoy!