If you are a lover of lasagna then you are going to want to try this. Lasagna roll ups are my new favorite take on this classic dish. I love that I no longer have to cut out pieces of lasagna from the pan. I was never any good at it. By the time the lasagna would go from the pan to the plate, it was just a pile of mush (delicious mush, but none the less mush). I prefer the roll ups, because I simply need a spatula and it comes out in a perfect, non messy serving each time.
Check it out for your self and let me know how your roll ups turn out!
- 1 Box of Lasagna Noodles
- 16 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1lb ground hamburger
- 1 24 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (This is going to be divided up)
- 3/4 cup parmesan grated cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- Spray a 13×9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium to large bowl, combine the Ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese, 1 tbsp Parsley, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1 tsp ground black pepper.
- Mix well until fully blended and then put to the side.
- Next, in a medium skillet, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and then add the ground beef to the pan. Cook until the beef is brown.
- Drain the grease and transfer the beef to a medium-sized bowl.
- Next add 3/4 cup of pasta sauce to the ground hamburger.
- Mix until the ground hamburger is fully coated in the sauce and put aside.
- In a large pot, cook the lasagna noodles until they are “Al Dente” (firm to the bite). Directions on cook time will be on the box in which they came.
- Once the noodles are “Al Dente” remove them from the water and place them in a strainer to drain the water. At this point you can either leave them in the strainer or transfer them to a bowl. Make sure you are careful not to break them.
- Next, take out some of the pasta noodles and lay them out on your counter or a sheet pan. The surface to which you prepare the roll ups is up to you. I choose to use a sheet pan.
- Spread a layer of the Ricotta mixture along the length of the noodle.
- Spread a layer of the meat sauce mixture on top of the ricotta the length of the noodle.
- Next, take one end of the noodle and roll it up. You want to roll it up so that it makes a square. Do not try to roll it up like you would a rug or piece of paper.
- Once you have rolled the noodle up fully, transfer to your 13×9 baking pan.
- Once you have completed rolling up all the noodles and have fit as many as you can in the pan, take the remaining pasta sauce and drop 2 tbsp worth of sauce on each roll up. (The amount of pasta sauce you put on top is up to you)
- Next, take the remaining Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle it on top of the sauce.
- After, sprinkle 1 tbsp of italian seasoning evenly on top.
- Cover with tin foil.
- Place into the oven and bake for 35 mins. (The cook time may vary slightly depending on your oven)
- Once fully cooked, remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Using a spatula, remove a roll up and ENJOY!
Follow me on instagram and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!