Ooey, gooey, rich and chewy S’mores. What is better than that? Nothing! I happened to be a self diagnosed S’mores addict. I will try anything S’mores. S’mores have been a life long obsession since I was a child. They make me think of campfires and fun summer times. I absolutely love the combination of marshmallow, chocolate and graham crackers. It’s definitely one of the best flavor line ups of all time. I love trying any and all recipes containing S’mores. One of my all time favorite S’mores treats are “No Bake, S’mores Bars“. I highly recommend them.
As I had mentioned in my “Quick & Easy Apple Pie Cups” post, I have been cooking a bunch of desserts and appetizers this past week. I have been trying to find a perfect dish to bring to a Father’s Day cookout that is happening this weekend. So far, I have had some wins and I have had some losses (I’m talking directly into the trash can losses. Yup, you can’t win them all). I did, however, come across a S’mores WIN! These “Ooey, Gooey S’mores Cookie Crumble Bars” are delicious! They require only three ingredients and the recipe is very easy and very quick. It is a top contender for this weekend’s cookout and a top 5 in my all time favorite S’mores recipes.
So, if you are feeling like S’mores give the recipe below a try! Let me know how it comes out!
- 1 roll of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 – 7 oz container of Marshmallow creme
- Graham Cracker (Crushed into crumbs)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Next, spray you baking pan or dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, break up the cookie dough roll into pieces.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of the graham crackers to the cookie dough. (Save the remaining 3/4 crumbs for later)
- Next, knead or stir the mixture together until blended well. (I prefer to knead)
- Take about half of the mixture and press it into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Place that in the oven to bake for 13-16 minutes until the dough is partially cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Take your marshmallow creme and spread and even layer on top of the partially baked cookie dough.
- Take your remaining 3/4 graham crack crumbs and even sprinkle on the top.
- Next, take your remaining cookie dough mixture and crumble it evenly over the top of the graham cracker crumb layer.
- Place back into the over and bake for another 20 minutes or so until the cookie dough is fully cooked.
- Remove and let cool.
- Cut out a slice and enjoy!
- After baking this we determined there are two ways to eat this. You can choose to eat this as a crumble warm dish that you “scoop out” when its warm, or you can let this cool and set over night and cut into bars. We tried it both ways and they were both fantastic.
- This is a blended texture dessert. What you are going for is a warm gooey cookie and marshmallow mix on the bottom and crunchy cookie crumbles at the top.
- If you choose to serve this as “bars” you will need to let this set overnight. If you cut when this is still warm, the marshmallow is going to seep.
Follow me on >>instagram and tag #jclectic. I’d love to see all the JClectic recipes you make!