This past weekend seemed to fly by! It was not a bad thing though, I was extremely busy and I got a lot done. It was very productive weekend that yielded a lot of needed results in my home renovation quest. As a result of it being an extremely busy weekend, I didn’t have a ton of time for cooking or baking (or really any general house hold chores for that matter). It ended up being one of those “Let’s get takeout” weekends.
Despite my laziness, I did manage to muster enough energy to make “Chocolate Chow Mein Haystacks”. These are quick and simple to make. They are great if you are overtly lazy like I was and yet need to satisfy a sweet tooth quickly. They only took me a few minutes to prepare and then put in the fridge. Within the hour my family and I were able to enjoy this yummy dessert and put that sweet tooth to rest!
- 1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1 cup Chow Mein noodles
- First, line a large sheet pan with wax paper.
- Next, in a medium sauce pan, over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together.
- Once the chips are fully melted and mixed, remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the chow mein noodles until they are completely covered and evenly coated in the chocolate & butterscotch mixture.
- Drop tablespoon sized amounts of the mixture onto the wax paper.
- Finally, put the sheet pan into the fridge and let the chocolate/butterscotch fully cool and set.
- Once set, remove from the fridge and enjoy!
- To change-up the recipe a bit, try adding some mini marshmallows, peanuts, or M&Ms. This recipe is fun because it has the flexibility to allow you to play around with it a bit.
- The size of the stacks are completely up to you. I prefer to use tablespoon sized amounts. Just remember a larger stack will take longer to set.