Looking for a quick homemade treat for your pup? These “Peanut Butter Dog Treats” are quick, simple and your pup will love them! I wanted to share this recipe because I use this all the time for my dogs. It has saved us so much money on dog treats and my dogs absolutely love them! The best part about these for me is I know every single ingredient that is going into these treats. So, if you feel like trying these super easy treats out keep reading.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium to large bowl, mix together the flour, peanut butter, water and eggs.
- Next, mix the ingredients until they are slightly combined.
- This next step is important! Adding a teaspoon at a time, add water to the mixture until it is wet enough to roll out as dough. Do NOT add too much water.
- When your mixture is of a “dough” consistency and a uniform peanut butter brown color, take out of the bowl and place on a surface that is prepared for dough with a little bit of flour sprinkled on it. (The flour will prevent the dough from sticking to the surface).
- This step is optional, but I like to knead the dough for about a minute.
- Using a rolling-pin, roll out the dough until it is your desired thickness. (I personally do about 1 inch thick. I find my dogs prefer them thicker)
- Using either a knife or cut outs, make the shapes of your dog treats. (I use an apple cutter as the sections are the perfect size for my dogs).
- Place the cut outs on to a lightly greased baking sheet. (I very lightly grease the pan with Crisco shortening)
- Place into the over and bake for about 20 minutes. *
- Once they are fully cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool all the way.
- Serve to your pups and watch them lick their lips in enjoyment!
Tip: At the end, if you have any extra dough you can use that to make treat sticks and circles if you want.