In my household we all have major sweet tooth. So one thing I like to always have in the kitchen is a jar of cookies. I make cookies roughly two times a week. To some that may seem excessive, but I personally am not a fan of anything, but homemade cookies. I am super picky when it comes to my cookie. The recipe I use is below. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies*
- 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chunks*
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix the shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla extract together.
- Next, beat in the egg.
- After that mixture is well blended, add the flour, baking soda and salt to the mixture. Mix it slowly together so that you do not send flour flying everywhere. If you prefer you can also mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and gradually add it to the mixture.
- Once fully blended add in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- Next take rounded tablespoons worth of cookie dough and drop it 3 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-9 minutes or less for chewy cookies. The color will be a very light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them sit on the hot cookie sheet for an additional minute before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and then ENJOY!
* If you do NOT like chocolate chips or chunks, try mixing white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips into the batter instead. It makes for a delicious cookie! I usually make a batch utilizing those chips once a week as well.
Please note: The recipe is above is for a single batch. The pictures reflect a double batch. Which is what I typically do since we go through them so quickly.