Ok, Ok, Ok…sorry I just had to put that little gif montage in. Maybe it’s just me, but in my opinion “The Sandlot” is one of the greatest kid movies of all time! Even as a grown adult I still very much enjoy watching it. It’s very nostalgic and brings me back to a time long ago that was my childhood.
Anyways, the purpose of this post is not to discuss the awesomeness that is “The Sandlot”, but rather to bring to you a S’mores bar dessert recipe.
My husband was recently having a pot luck at his office and needed to bring in a yummy treat. So S’mores instantly came to mind as I had watched the Sandlot recently. I decided I wanted to make a finger food desert that was big on the S’mores flavor, but not overly decadent so that more than one bar could be consumed.
I decided to make simple S’more Bars. They are a super easy, no bake dessert that ended up being a hit at the office pot luck.
So give this recipe a try!
Let me know what you think by sounding off in the comments.
And don’t forget to “STUFF”!
- 4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick of unsalted butter)
- 4 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 1 lb bag of mini marshmallows (divided)
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- The first thing you will need to do is take a 9×13 inch pan and line/grease it, then set aside
- Then take a large saucepan and melt the butter. Make sure to melt the butter on low heat so it doesn’t burn.
- Next, add the mini marshmallows and stir until they are melted. You will need to use 6 cups for this. The remaining marshmallows you can put aside for now.
- Once the marshmallows are fully melted, remove the pan from the heat and pour in the Golden Grahams & Cocoa Krispies. Stir until everything is evenly mixed and coated.
- Next, pour in the chocolate chips.
- Stir until the are evenly dispersed in the mixture.
- Next, grease a spatula or spoon.
- Use the greased spatula or spoon to press the mixture into the greased 9×13 pan. Make sure to pressed it evenly as these are going to be bars. If there is a section that is too thin it will break.
- Take the remaining mini marshmallows and sprinkle them over the top of the pressed mixture.
- OPTIONAL: Using a torch, lightly toast the marshmallows until they are golden brown or to your torched preference!
- Let everything cool.
- Cut up into bars and enjoy!