Hello Everyone! Today I will be sharing with you my recipe for “Oreo Truffle Bites”. I know not the most creative of names, but I’ll roll with it. This recipe is one of my favorites to make around the holidays. It’s very simple to make and I love to bag a few of them up and give them out as gift treats. They are sort of along the line of a truffle, however, I am not sure they actually technically would qualify as a truffle.
Alas, if you are looking for a simple and yet decadent treat to make, then be sure to check out the recipe below.
Let me know what you think!
- 2 – packages of double stuffed Oreos
- 2 – 8 oz packages of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 – packages of dark chocolate or milk chocolate dipping chocolate discs or chips.
- 1 – package of white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl empty the 2 packages of double stuffed Oreos.
- Using a thick wooden spoon or heavy-duty masher, crush all of the Oreos into fine crumbs.
- Next, take the cream cheese packages and empty them into the bowl.
- Mix the Oreos and cream cheese together until evenly mixed. (This may take a bit of good old-fashioned elbow grease).
- Take a large cookie sheet and line it with wax paper.
- Next you are going to take about a tablespoon worth of the mixture and roll it into a nice round ball and place it on the wax paper. Continue to roll the mixture into balls until it is all gone.
- Place the tray containing the balls in a fridge for about an hour. (They need to be cool and hardened in order for the next step to go smoothly).
- Once the balls have been chilled and hardened up a bit. Take them out of the fridge.
- You will then take you dipping chocolate and place the chips in a bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring well each time. Continue doing this until the chocolate is all melted and smooth.
- Next, take one of the balls and drop it into the melted chocolate.
- Using a fork lift the ball out of the mixture.
- Gently tap the fork against the edge of the bowl so that the excess melted chocolate falls through the tines of the fork.
- Use the edge of the bowl to scrap the melted chocolate drippings from the bottom of the fork.
- Place the chocolate covered bite onto the wax paper.
- Repeat this process with all of the balls until they are all covered in chocolate.
- Place the tray back into the fridge for about and hour until the chocolate is cooled and hardened.
- After about an hour or so remove the tray from the fridge.
- Take the white chocolate chips, place them in a bowl and melt them in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring at each interval, until smooth.
- Using a spoon, scoop a small amount of the melted chocolate and drizzle them over the balls.
- When down place back in the fridge for another hour.
- After an hour you can gobble them up! Enjoy!
- If you do not wish to mix the Oreo crumbs and cream cheese by hand you can use an automatic mixer.
- If the melting chocolate starts to cool in the bowl before you are down, then you can throw it back in the microwave again for a few seconds. Make sure to mix.
- If you want to make “pops” with these simply insert a stick into the bottom of a bite and let the mixture harden around the stick. Make sure to do this step before you dip the balls into the melted chocolate.
- You can use chocolate chips, chocolate dipping discs or even the candy coating dipping disc. It’s completely up to you.