Pancakes! Who doesn’t love them? There is a pancake for everyone out there!
Now I know what you are thinking, a blog post about how to make a pancake? Is she for real? Well, yes, I am for real! You would be surprised at how many people do not know how to make pancakes from scratch. I would say most households, at pretty much all times, have these ingredients and don’t even realize the delicious meal they could be making with these ingredients. Now, I am aware that there is pre-made box mix and frozen pancakes available at the grocery stores. I just firmly believe these do not compare to a fresh made from scratch batch of pancakes.
So, if you want to learn this quick and yummy recipe keep reading!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 – 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl you will mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add 1 1/14 cup of milk to the mixture. (If need be you can add up to another 1/4 cup of milk. Do not exceed this amount).
- Add the 2 eggs.
- Add the vanilla (I sometimes will double up the vanilla and do 2 tsp instead of 1. This is up to you).
- Mix the ingredients well, until everything is blended.
- Next, heat up a medium-sized frying pan. If your pan is NOT non stick then just spray it with some cooking spray or melt a small bit of butter in it.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of batter to the frying pan for smaller sized easy to flip pancakes. (If you are very good at flipping and want larger pancakes then you can add up to 1/2 cup of batter).
- Once the batter starts to bubble and you can easily lift the edges then you know you are able to flip it.
- Cook both sides so that they are golden brown.
- Once both sides are golden brown remove from the frying pan, add some butter and syrup and dig in!!!
- If you want to add fruit, nuts, etc you can either do so directly into the batter or you can add it to the pancake side that bubbles, right before the first flip.
- It is okay to add additional vanilla, however I would not exceed 1 tbsp.