Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps!!!! How do I sum up this recipe? DELICIOUS! This recipe is hands down one of my absolute favorites and is a “go to” recipe in my household. Everyone that tries this likes it. It is very easy to make and if you are on a budget then don’t worry, the ingredients needed are super cheap. This recipe makes for a great party dish or dinner and it never goes to waste.
- Ground Turkey Burger (1 pound)
- Teriyaki Sauce (I highly recommend the Butchers Block brand)
- Water Chestnuts (2 cans diced up small)
- 4 Whole Carrots (peeled and shaven using a cheese grater)
- Chive (1/2 a flute diced up finely)
- Boston Style Lettuce (Can be any lettuce though, it’s up to you)
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, brown the 1 pound of turkey burger.
- Empty the grease out.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Add about 1/2 of the bottle of Teriyaki sauce.
- Mix the turkey burger until the Teriyaki sauce has covered all of the turkey burger.
- Let the mixture simmer for about a minute.
- Add in your chive, water chestnuts and carrot shavings to the mixture.
- Add about half of the remaining bottle of Teriyaki sauce to the skillet.
- Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Let the mixture simmer for about 8 minutes. (This allow all the flavors to blend together).
- Make sure to mix every few minutes to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Once the mixture has had time to simmer, remove the skillet from the heat.
- Take some Boston Lettuce and separate the head into the individual leaves. (Be careful not to rip the leaves).
- Wash the lettuce leaves.
- Take a lettuce leaf, scoop some of the mixture into the middle and wrap it up! (Sort of like you are making a taco or burrito).