This fun little piece is a thrift find that I up-cycled. I found about 10 of these little ladders in a pile of junk at the thrift store and had to get them. This little ladder can be used as hanging wall decor or even used as a leaning ladder on a mantle. It is very versatile and can be used in almost any space. I currently am using one of these little ladders as hanging wall decor. It’s an extremely fun little piece.
- Wooden Ladder
- Hot Glue
- 220 Grit Sandpaper
- White Chalk Paint
- Dark Gray Chalk Paint
- Clear Matte Finish
- Tack Cloth
- 2 Paint Brushes
- Sand down the mini wooden ladder using your 220 grit sandpaper.
- Wipe Clean with a tack cloth.
- Next, Paint the entire mini ladder using the dark gray chalk paint.
- Let fully dry.
- Once, the dark gray paint has fully dried, paint over it with the white chalk paint.
- Let the white paint fully dry.
- Once the paint has dried fully, take your 220 grit sandpaper and distress the ladder. What you are looking for is to sand away some of the white chalk paint so that the dark gray chalk paint shows through. This gives the ladder a very rustic, distressed appearance.
- Once, you have distressed the paint to your liking, then wipe it down with a tack cloth.
- Spray the ladder with a clear matte finish.
- Hang or put it on a shelf.