Recently, I was cleaning out my kitchen cabinets. I had reached the point of them overflowing. I had way too much of EVERYTHING. I swear, I had about a 1000 cups, plates and bowls. It all just had to go. I ended up donating just over half of what we owned to a local charity that made at home pickup collections. However, I did keep a few of the cups I was donating and did a quick flip/repurpose.
What inspired this particular flip was the nightly mess on my bed side table. Every single night, my bedside table is covered in earrings, rings, hair ties, Chapstick and spare change. It is all over the table, it falls on the ground and every morning, I was having to take my time and look for an earring, or pick up something that fell. So, I decided that I would turn the glass into a holder for all of those items. That way I could just throw everything into it at night and eliminate the mess!
- Glass Cup
- Gems (I got mine at Walmart. Pack of 120 for .97 cents)
- Hot Glue
- Glitter Paint (Clear dry)
- Paint Brush
- First, clean off the glass with a cleaner. I just used a Clorox wipe.
- Dry the glass.
- Next, determine your gem pattern and begin to hot glue them down. I did three full rows of gems at the bottom and two full rows of gems at the top.
- Next, I painted the middle section with a glitter paint. Get a glitter paint that dries clear, or else it won’t look as nice.
- Let the paint dry.
This was a quick little project, and in my opinion was good use of an item I was just going to get rid of anyway. It provides me with a much-needed service and has made my nightly and morning routine slightly less chaotic. Which is always good. This project cost me a grand total of .97 cents, since I had all of the materials at home with the exception of the gems.
So, if you are looking to add a little “bling” to your bedside table. Give this one a try!