In the spirit of Halloween, my daughter and I made Halloween cupcakes today. We decided to make a simple Vanilla Cupcake with Vanilla frosting. We made the actually cupcake batter from scratch and used Betty Crocker’s Whipped frosting. It is the only frosting my daughter will eat. If she was not such a picky pants, I would make it from scratch, but she for whatever reason HATES homemade frosting.
In total this only took us around an hour to do. I would frost the cupcakes and my daughter would decorate (She likes the candy eyes if you couldn’t tell, lol). It was a fun and delicious activity to do together. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Decorate Time: 30 minutes (pending on the decorator)
- Flour (2 cups)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Eggs (2)
- Sugar (3/4 cups) *You can always add more if you like your cupcakes sweeter)
- Butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- Baking powder (2 teaspoons)
- Vanilla extract (1 teaspoons)
- Heat you over to 375 degrees
- Line you cupcake pan with paper cups
- Mix your butter and sugar together and cream until it is light and fluffy.
- As you are creaming, add in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix your flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add your flour, baking powder and salt mixture to the creamed butter, sugar and eggs mixture.
- After the two mixtures are completely mixed. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the batter to the paper cups in your cupcake pan
- Bake for 20 mins or until fully cooked through.
- Take out and let cool
- Once, they are cool you can frost and decorate.