Football Sunday. The day that you can stuff your face, drink some beers and scream obnoxiously loud at your TV, in support of your favorite teams. Football Sunday for us, however, is not just about the football. It is also about the food. For us, it’s the day we break out the grille and make some great food. We grill everything from Chicken Wings to Pork Shoulder.
This past weekend we decided to make kabobs.
They were very simple to make and packed full of flavor. We made a stupid amount of Kabobs for us and our friends. All were absolutely devoured!
So if you are looking for a quick grilling recipe then try out these babies!
What You Will Need:
- Skinless Chicken Breast
- Orange Bell Peppers
- Yellow Bell Peppers
- White Onions
- Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- Baby White Mushrooms
- Large Bowl
- Little Bowl
- Baster Brush
- Cut the chicken into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Peel and cut the onion, so that it can be broken into the layers and make a rectangle with each layer. Do not cut up the onion heart. Leave that whole.
- Cut the Yellow Bell Pepper into fat strips, roughly 1 inch in thickness.
- Cut the Orange Bell Pepper the same as the Yellow Bell Pepper.
- Leave the mushrooms whole. Just wash them very well.
- Place in the big bowl the chicken, mushrooms, onions, and peppers.
- Add 1 TBSP of Salt
- Add 1 TBSP of Onion Powder
- Add 1 TBSP of Garlic Powder
- Add 1 Tsp of Black Pepper
- Sprinkle on some Sesame Seeds until the top of the mixture is fairly evenly coated with the seeds.
- Sprinkle on some Dried Onions Bit seasoning until the top of the mixture is fairly evenly coated with the bits.
- Mix everything together.
- Let this sit for about 10 mins.
- In a small bowl mix a half cup of Carolina Sweet BBQ Sauce and half a cup of Teriyaki marinade (Not the thick sauce. You want the kind that is really liquidity.)
- Add a TBSP of Sesame Seeds to the sauce mixture.
- Let this sit for about 5 mins.
- After everything has had time to sit, break out you skewers and start putting together your kabobs. Try to get an even disbursement of all your ingredients on each skewer.
- Next, turn on your grill. Heat it up and put on your kabob.
- Baste the kabobs and let them cook for about 3 mins.
- Turn the kabobs over and Baste the underside. Let cook for about 3 mins
- Keep turning and basting the kabobs until they start to darken. (The onion and pepper edges will start to turn dark and crispy)
- Make sure to check your chicken to make sure it is cooked thoroughly. (No Pink)
- Remove the kabobs and enjoy!